Monday, June 03, 2013

Blue skies

That holiday I mentioned? We are on it. A whole entire week away from the rush of daily Singapore life.

This is day 2.5. We have spent the morning trekking up a very short but densely packed hill to watch monkey antics from a bunch of hungry orang-utans. A leisurely lunch later we are contemplating a nap and then an evening of sandcastle creation on a very wide, wheat coloured beach. 

This picture could be a postcard. It could also be anywhere - I have seen so many like it - Malpe, Sydney, Zanzibar, Barbados, Deal, Bali, Hua Hin to name but a few. This is Kota Kinabalu. Malaysia. It's beautiful and the sea is very blue. I'm not sure why I am so taken aback by this. Or what I was expecting to be so different in my minds eye. 

All I know is that I am happy as a clam discovering that real satay and Rendang tastes nothing like I've had before.




No comments:

Post a Comment