Thursday, August 30, 2012

Adventure

In January of 2002 I followed V to this country, him already a student here and me a new bride. I arrived on a wet and dark evening, the drizzle and wind just the first of many winters worth. The delight of seeing my newly minted husband meant that dragging my one samsonite with it's prescribed 23 kgs on the tube to our tiny studio an hour away went unnoticed.

After a decade which has seen us live as tenants, change multiple jobs, buy a n apartment, make it our home, have a child and build a circle of acquaintances, friends and friends who are family, we are off on a new and much sought after adventure.

We move to the sunnier climes of Singapore in a month. The many material things that constitute our home are being packed as I write this.

I have a lot more to write about our move. Watch this space.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to Singapore! Sunnier climes it sure is, though as I write this, the rain's coming down in sheets and it's as wet and grey as an English day (which, I've admittedly only read about).

    On another note, if you need help with anything after you get here, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big news! All the best for a smooth move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and I hope it all goes as you planned and that even the unplanned bits are happy bits. I look forward to updates on the blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A move each decade? :) Congratulations and enjoy the new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love moving. Good luck on your adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete