Wednesday, November 05, 2008

This day, like no other

Dear Blog,

Morning. MORNING. MORNING. MORNING.

Point to note for www posterity: Barack Obama has won the 44th presidency of the United States of America in the elections held on the 4th of November 2008.

I'm not American. But today it's just a good day to be a world citizen. I've been watching the news with a silly grin on my face all morning. Despite so many people's gut feelings that colour would trump all and the Bradley effect would not allow an Obama win, today America did the rest of us proud by making the choice that was right in character. That it broke the colour and ethnic barrier as well is no small accomplishment.

I'm hoping the world will be a better place for his presidency. More fairness, justice and inclusion. Better relations, less colour discrimination, more forgiveness, less war.

I know that the world is a better place today than it was yesterday. I hope fervently that it's going to get even better.

I am happy. Oh So Happy.

33in2008

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes indeed it was a day like no other.

    Was awake till midnight watching CNN and it was worth the watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!
    Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    I, for one was pretty damn sure he'd lose. We underestimate them Amreekans I think. Then again, they elected Bush twice. All that is forgiven now, I think.

    ReplyDelete