1. A 'reveal' so long in the making that all very bored parties have left the stadium.
2. As pristine as this looks in the picture, the truth is it is covered in all our stuff again.
3. I love this kitchen. It's not to everyones taste but it most certainly is exactly what I planned (except for the fact that it has no island!) and imagined it would look like.
4. To me the combination of chunky solid wood worktop, travatine floor & wall tiles, up & down lighters and shiny black units is just the right combination of sleek, soft, warm, bright and ultimately functional.
5. That's a new microwave, induction hob (which means we needed to invest in induction friendly pots and pans - yet another mortgage!) and cooker hood in the appliance section.
6. The doorway opening up has meant that the corner unit is now a curved one. I love that curved bit of the worktop best of all.
7. The new fixed sideboard on the opposite side of the main counter replaced a free-standing sideboard in a vaguely matching colour to the old light brown cupboards. We have additional cupboards above and two shelves near the open doorway. Strangely all this extra storage makes the kitchen look/ feel bigger even though it takes up more air space. The old sideboard is serving time as clothes dresser in our childs room.
8. I love my black sink. Simply love it.
9. I fleetingly wondered about the day we have to leave this house. Will new owners love it as much as us? Or will renters ruin the surfaces and mistreat it?
10. Then I stopped wondering and started cooking. Instead of worrying about the future, for now I'm just loving it. The End.