Saturday, December 17, 2005

Sermons

V thinks he is the blog police. Anytime I start to write something even vaguely negative (as I was before this post - backspace key zindabad!) and he's glanced over my shoulder to take a peek he begins a sermon on 'think about it', 'it could have a negative consequence', ' what will our friends who read it think', 'blah', 'blah', 'blah'. Even in my own house there seems to be the missing element of freedom of speech - it's apparently cool to rant at V (which is all I seem to do these days) but it is not cool to rant to the world lest someone we know thinks the post is about them and gets deeply offended.....oh the injustice!

The point of the anonymous blog was for me to write what I thought, felt, experienced. It's mainly my own mistake for telling most of my friends I was now a blogger and that they could look me up on 30in2005.blogspot.com

Maybe I'll start annother blog and not tell anyone (including Mr. Blog Police). In the meanwhile you'll have to just guess what I was going to rant about.

Lesson to self: Don't blog when V is around!

2 comments:

  1. "The point of the anonymous blog was for me to write what I thought, felt, experienced. It's mainly my own mistake for telling most of my friends I was now a blogger and that they could look me up on 30in2005.blogspot.com

    Maybe I'll start annother blog and not tell anyone"

    you have described it perfectly. its a part of a circle, that i cover repeatedly. round and round i go.

    why do you think we want to tell all, to a site on the net, open to all, yet feel awkward when people, specially those we know outside the net, quiz us about our thoughts there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. It's hard to be honest and bare your soul when your family, friends, in-laws and ex-colleagues at work are reading! I've smartened up and have the edited version of my life for public display. Cyberspace offers enough space for one to hide. You just need a login.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete